Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why Is It So Hard....

I left my husband two years ago and ever since then people have been trying to get me to find another man. I keep telling them I don't want another man.  They look at me like I am crazy. 

I have had friends tell me "Oh you will never be complete unless you have a man." I am only half a human with out a man or what? Some have said "You won't be happy without someone to share your life with." I have plenty of people to share my life with and I am happy but they never believe it.  Why is it so hard to believe that a person can be happy without a "mate". 

Yes sometimes I miss companionship but not enough to run out looking for a man. I have been married twice and both were abusive and so I just don't want a relationship anymore. Now I know all men are not like that and yes I know there are some really good men out there. However it boils down too 1) I just plain don't want a relationship, and 2) I really don't trust my judgement of men anymore. 

I have found that I do in fact like answering only to myself over how my money is spent. If I want to go to a friends and spend all day there I don't have to worry about someone getting mad at me for it.  If I want to buy something I don't have to ask permission to do so. 

On a deeper level though I don't want someone saying they love me for who i am then spend the next twenty years changing me into something else. I have had enough black eyes, broken ribs, and humiliation to last me a lifetime. Again they say not all men are like that and I agree they aren't but unless I can be given a solid proof the next one won't hurt me then the answer is still no. 

No comments: