Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wet and Drippy....

That is what it is like outside and miserable. It is that fine mist that makes you feel chilled even though it is not really cold. Makes me want to be back under my nice warm comforter and sleep more. 

So this is what I call a lazy day. I don't feel like doing anything doesn't mean I won't just means I don't want too. I have to call the Art Institute today an order my books. Now it is starting to feel a little more real and a little more scary. 

I have random thoughts going through my head of things like what if I am dumber than I thought? I am asking too much of myself to try to get a bachelors degree at my age? Everyone of course tells me no I am not too old and bless them for that. However by the time I finish this degree I will be in my early 50's. Ah what a time to embark on my first career but I guess better late than never.....right?

Other people said I should go into the health field and not that I do not feel compassion for the sick and injured. I just couldn't do that kind of work and though I am not phobic about getting sick I just prefer to stay clear of contagious people. I spent too many years with my own kids giving me everything from colds to the flu and beyond. 

Some said beauty school and while I don't mind dying my hair and my friends hair.  I can't see myself up to my elbows in chemicals all day every day. So I chose something I knew I would enjoy and that I could do from home. Interactive media and graphic design I have designed a few sites in the past and really enjoyed it. So I figured I should get a degree and hopefully in a few short years be working for myself. 

That is the plan but stay tuned for further developments.....

No comments: