Saturday, December 27, 2008

Argument...

I love the One-Minute Writer C. Beth you have a way of making me think. 

I think the argument that stands out in my mind the most took place a little over a year ago. It was in October and I had just lost my job. I had called my friend Sonia to let her know I was losing my apartment and to just have someone to talk too. She had asked me what I was going to do and I told her I didn't know but I would work something out. We talked for awhile and then I told her I had to go so I could start getting things in order. 

A little while later my phone rings and it is Sonia. She says you are moving in with us. I told her no I didn't think it was a good idea. She was like no really it is okay dad and Billy (her husband) are fine with it. I was relieved that I had a place to go. I hung up from talking to her and continued packing.  

Now jump to the day. Sonia calls me and says you can't move in. I was shocked and asked her why what happened? She said she had done a lot of thinking and she didn't want me to live there. To say I was upset is an understatement, I mean how can someone give another person hope then snatch it away like that? We had more than a few words and they were heated, very heated. I reminded her that I hadn't asked her for her help and I had in fact told her i would deal with it myself. She had offered and then took it back. I finally hung up on her and would not answer the phone. She came to my apartment and beat on the door and for a long time i wouldn't let her in. 

Eventually I did let her in and we did talk and i did move in with them (which I eventually wished I hadn't). The argument bit deep into our friendship because I lost my trust in her. We joke about it now but both of us know that damage was done.  She knows that I no longer trust what she tells me. I have always told her and others be careful what you say to others because once it is out of your mouth it can never be taken back.  You can say you are sorry and if you mean that is good, but that doesn't erase what was said.  Words can cut the soul like a knife....

No comments: