Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Recap...

It has been a roller coaster of a year for me. I had hoped to make amends with my son but that never happened as he is stubborn and still will not talk to me. I gained a job  and lost a job. Changed where i live yet again but I am happier here. 

I saw my family through another great flood on the Mississippi river and saw the strength of my own daughter to face a disaster and come out the other side happy. I saw my own dreams dashed and then rebuilt in another direction. I have been insulted by a person that was suppose to be my friend. Made her also see by the way of others that her logic was very flawed indeed. 

I have found out over this past year who my truest friends are and who is not. I have found that is possible to be friends with your husband at 1000 miles distance. I have found that I have strength I never knew was there and that it is okay to be afraid of the unknown so long as that fear doesn't stop me from seeking what i want. 

I have been reminded that people indeed can be very two faced and treat you one way to your face while talking crap behind your back. As in the case of Sonia's father-in-law when he is all sorry to my face that I lost my job, then asks her what I did wrong to be fired. When in fact i did nothing wrong.

I have come to the realization that I am a very cynical person. I am not an unhappy person as I have said before I live, love, and laugh a lot. It is just that I see people  and the world in a very cynical way. I don't trust most people and a great deal of them really annoy me. Most humans are like sheep and believe everything they are spoon fed by the media and the government and never think for themselves. I have come to the conculsion that I can live my life like this so long as i do not become bitter. 

These are some of the things I have learned over the past year. I am sure there is more but I really don't want to write a book. 

1 comment:

Shakespeare's Housekeeper said...

Hello Danni!
Very thoughtful blogs...great reading.
Thanks for coming over to Shakespeare's housekeeper- always lovely to meet new people!
I'm piscean too, by the way.

SH xxx