Saturday, June 27, 2009

Having A Stroke Sucks...

On June 11th I had a moderate stroke to the back of my brain. This part of the brain is what controls balance as I found out. I was sitting on the patio talking to my roommates when my world literally in my head started to tumble and fall. That was vertigo and if you ever experience it go to a doctor asap. Then the vomiting started and lasted between 6 and 8 hours and you talk about hell.

Once they had me stable they took an MRI and found a blood clot in the back of my brain. After further testing it was also discovered that I have diabetes and high blood pressure. In just a couple of weeks my life has changed so much. I now take 5 different medications, and stick my fingers 3 times a day for blood sugar, I eat according to a schedule, and my diet has changed drastically. It however could be worse...I could be dead.

1 comment:

Virgtastic said...

Oh wow! I'm still catching up on all my blogs, as you can tell I'm a year behind. I hope you are doing better! Very scary.