Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Step Forward....

Yesterday my cell phone rang and I looked at the number and almost didn't answer it. I didn't rcognize the number and firgured it was a telemarketer. However for some random reason I flipped my phone open and said hello. 

The lady on the other end asked for me and I said you got her. She then identified herself and said she was calling on behalf of the Art Institute of Pittsburg that they had gotten my name from a place that I had signed up looking for work. My initial thoughts went along the lines of I don't have time for this, I need work more than education, big one was I cannot afford this, etc. 

She was nice though and listened to me concerns and fears. She eased them and we talked for over 3 hours on the phone. We got most of the  work done and I will hopefully be starting my fist classes towards a bachelors degree on Jan 12. 

It is still a little scary for many reasons but I think I can do this. I want this very much and i chose a field that I know i would enjoy. Since my rear is in front of this computer more than anywhere else and I love graphics and I love games it wasn't hard to choose. So I went with interactive media and graphic design. 

I mean seriously the internet is not going anywhere. It is global at it's finest and so there will always be a demand for graphic design and interactive media.  So I figure if i am gonna be sitting her anyway i might as well make money doing it. 

So if you read this blog wish me luck as I am gonna need it. 

No comments: