Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hello...

This blog will be full of my ramblings about my life. It might be interesting to some and maybe not so interesting who really knows. 

I am 46 years old I live outside of San Antonio Texas. I am not a native Texan but I do love it here. My home state is Illinois and is where most of my family resides still. I moved here for many reasons and I have yet to regret that move. My life in Illinois was at a stand still, I was surrounded by people and yet was really all alone. 

My children were pretty angry at my move and even after two years my son refuses to talk to me. However he is a grown man and it is his choice. He lives his life as he sees fit without allowing others to tell him what to do and at 46 I think I can do the same. My daughter has come to terms, not that she likes me being gone but she knows at least that it is my life.

I left my husband of nearly 20 years packed my bags and left. It had not been a healthy or good relationship for many years. Everyone said my leaving was so sudden and that I never gave any indication anything was wrong. Now I know better because there was little doubt that I was unhappy and had been for a long time. However they just never paid attention. 

I do sometimes miss home, the smells and the river. I miss cold days sitting looking out the window at snow covered fields while sipping hot cocoa. I miss the festivals they have there and walking along the river finding bits of driftwood, or smooth stones. I do miss the sound of thousands of chimes when the river thaws and breaks the ice up into small pieces making a tinkling sound as small waves move them back and forth. I miss seeing the bald eagles soaring high above the lock and dam; then diving fast and low to capture a fish.

I don't miss the humidity especially in the summer; but i do miss the thunderstorms from there. They were more sudden, more dramatic. I also really miss knowing what way North is lol. I am so lost here most of the time. 

However Texas does has it's charms. I have met a lot of really nice people here and there is one thing I never liked in Illinois the people there are so rude.  It is as if up there they were never taught manners. Now don't get me wrong i have met rude people here too but not as many as in Illinois. 


No comments: